Hangzhou Dipont School of Arts and Science
Founded through partnership between world class schools –The United RDFZ Group of Schools, The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China (commonly abbreviated as RDFZ) and King’s College School, Wimbledon (KCS), Hangzhou Dipont School of Arts and Science aims to create a learning community which integrates the best of international and Chinese education. RDFZ’s mission to provide differentiated education for the development of each student together with the holistic educational philosophy at King’s underpin the ethos of our school. For Chinese and international pupils aged 2-18 years, we strive to educate young men and women who will be innovative and collaborative while appreciating their own and other cultures and traditions. They will understand the importance of a world view and global issues in order to make a positive contribution to society in the future.
- Four distinct school sections with a shared educational approach, support Chinese and expatriate students in all aspects of their development
- A curriculum which respects the compulsory Chinese curriculum and operates in a bilingual academic, co-curricular and pastoral context leading to international qualifications
- A learning community which through its pastoral provision challenges and supports each pupil to improve throughout and be well-prepared for the next stage of their education
- A multicultural and bilingual environment that allows pupils to be confident in two languages and to develop a global outlook
- Small class sizes (of between 15 and 24 pupils) and good teacher/pupil ratio
- A huge variety of opportunities beyond the classroom designed to provide width of experience and the opportunities to excellence
Mission and Vision
We are a world-class learning community that integrates the best of international and Chinese education to maximise each student’s potential.
Our community commits to:
Developing a successful, responsible and supportive school culture
We believe in developing the core values of respect (敬), compassion (仁), honesty (诚), collaboration (合作) and personal responsibility (责任). The success of the school is founded on the pursuit of excellence in academic work, in sport and expressive arts, developing creativity, responsibility and service in a supportive community.
We have a rigorous academic programme and a teaching methodology founded on our educators’ extensive experience in schools in China and around the world. Our pupils are challenged and supported to become lifelong learners with intellectual curiosity and independent and enquiring minds.
Pastoral care and co-curricular activities
Central to the community is the provision of excellent pastoral care and a broad range of co-curricular activities to develop each pupil’s skills, knowledge, interests and enjoyment of different areas in an environment where they feel safe, valued and have a strong sense of belonging.
We have a continual cycle of review and drive for development among our staff, to integrate the best of Chinese and western education for our students.
We welcome parental involvement and commit to building links with our students’ families and the communities around us.